Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Write .bat to startup folder  (Read 2530 times)

da_melon

Topic Starter

Write .bat to startup folder
    « on: May 12, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
    Hi there i'm new so hello!

Im trying to create a batch file which will either write itself to the users startup folder, or write a .bat to the startup folder. i have the code which i want to run in the .bat, but u really have no idea how to get my .bat to write itself to the users startup.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Dias de verano

Re: Write .bat to startup folder
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
    Sounds like it could be used for bad purposes. Since you have not told us what the code will do, we can't tell. Even if you did, we might still not think it was a good idea to put instructions here on how to hijack a computer startup.

da_melon

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »
      Hmmm, ok. Sounds fair enough to me. I guess that even if i did tell you what the file did, you wouldnt tell me cos' i could just change the file. Oh well.

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:43:09 PM »
      If you were a serious software writer, or a sys admin, and you needed to install something so that it started at login, you would already know how to do this. If you don't, and you think that asking in a forum like this is the way to find out, that kind of set alarm bells ringing.