Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Red Hat to Windows  (Read 6601 times)

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Red Hat to Windows
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »
The topic states, Red Hat to Windows.  It is not very descriptive.  Even I thought, at this point, that you were still trying to work things out on the Linux side. 

I'm assuming, at this point, you've migrated the "box" away from Red Hat to a version of Windows?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
    oh ha sorry I see why you thought that.  NO I attempting to get the linux side working.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 02:47:20 AM »
    did you even read the topic of this thread? 
    If you can't be bothered to be civil, then I can't be bothered to help you any more.  Sorry.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 04:05:41 AM »
      I am, thought that it had been staright forward but it wasnt.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 04:53:33 AM »
        I was checking post for something else when I saw that I made a post like this one a while back before I took any linux.  If I got samba would that config it correctly then?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
          • Me
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 07:57:09 AM »
        Samba would assist you in sharing files from a Linux box to a Windows network, if that's what you mean.
        Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
          • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
        Are your DNS and Domain the same on both machines?
        "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
        --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »
          Its a peer to peer