Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with "Orbit Downloader"!  (Read 6808 times)

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Need help with "Orbit Downloader"!
    « on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:13 AM »
    Hi Geeks!

Ironically, I couldn't get a "Single Response" on the posting the following 2 queries at the Orbit Downloader's forum; would request you Geeks to dispel this enigma! :o

Please answer these couple of Queries:

1) In IE8, though I have disabled every add-on related to Flashget; still its Window pops-up everytime whenever I initiate some download(say of .exe file). I couldn't see anything under Options of Orbit to set it as my "Default Download Manager"?!
    NOTE: Yes, I do have checked "Monitor File Types" option with Orbit, though I have DISABLED its "Start Orbit on System startup"! (Why to Unnecessary Clog up the system?)

2)I have checked Opera & Chrome for Browser Integration,however, Opera couldn't trigger Orbit on initiating any download & for Chrome its says "Cannot integrate with Chrome.Check if Chrome is installed"
    NOTE: Current Opera Version installed-10.00 1 & Current Chrome version installed-2.0.177.1

In nutshell, Please make "Orbit" work for me with IE8, Opera & Chrome. THE ONLY SUCCESS, I have is to integrate Orbit with Netscape!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Need help with "Orbit Downloader"!
    « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 07:16:49 AM »
    One word.....FireFox.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
      Hey Patio...!!

You always seem in a "Hurry"!! Have you ever gone through the Complete Post?

One word for your reply: "Idiotic"!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »
      Thanx.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Szpixman

Intermediate
        « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »
        I had tried Orbit Downloader myself and had problems with it too.  I use IE 7.  I found it a little hard to set up.
        Might not help with Orbit, but give Star Downloader a try.  It has always been trouble free and easy to set up.  Mind you I don't use any other browsers.  (Not even FireFox)

http://download.cnet.com/Star-Downloader-Free/3000-12512_4-10346402.html

Hope this is some help.

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 01:09:58 AM »
          Wow Man!! :D

I haven't seen such a 'die hard fan' of IE !! You must be paid some "Gratuity" to remain faithful to IE..!! ;)

I wish if someone could simulate whatever I have stated in the Original post. Secondly, is there a way within IE8 to completely REMOVE the installed add-ons??!

I can only see "Enable/Disable" button within "Manage IE Addons" screen! ::)