Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BUDGET Gaming Rig Help?  (Read 33968 times)

Aardobard

Beginner

• I fold as Aardobard
    Re: BUDGET Gaming Rig Help?
    « Reply #60 on: June 22, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »
    I'm curious as to how that graphics card handles the resolution of the 27" HDTV, and what kind of framerates you get when playing games at high-ish settings.  Please let us know when you get everything settled? Enjoy putting everything together, that's the second best part for me!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #61 on: June 22, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »
    You will have to be more specific in your request for info as there are a lotta cards out there...
    Some handle it better than others.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #62 on: June 22, 2009, 09:32:45 PM »
    and you got ATI cards, you got NVidia cards, you got Intel accelerators, you got dedicated cards, you got integrated cards. What would you like?  ;D

Aardobard

Beginner

• I fold as Aardobard
      « Reply #63 on: June 23, 2009, 07:19:50 AM »
      I believe the OP chose to get this card:
      ASUS EAH4670/DI/512M/A Radeon HD 4670 512MB
      as recommended by Calum.  If the OP got a different card, then I'd still like to know what it is and how it performs with the 27" HDTV display he planned to use.

Idiosyncrasy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 02:30:58 AM »
          I will give updates as I get the pieces. So far I ordered the RAM, CPU, and Hard   Drive. I WAS going to buy the Motherboard at this point, seeing as it is the most expensive, but sadly Newegg was out of stock for the moment. I get paid every two weeks, so we'll see then!

Like last pay period, I was going to buy the PSU, but they went out of stock on it, so I waited. Two-three days later voila! They had it in stock. Wish I could get it that fast, though! :P

Idiosyncrasy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 05:29:40 AM »
          UPDATE: I've been playing my new computer so much I've completely forgotten to update you guys. For the most part, it plays awesome. My brother gave me a spare 8800 GTX he had, so now the graphics is even more fluid. Next paycheck I'm spending over half of it on an iTouch 16Gb, so probably the next paycheck after that I'll be getting a new monitor so I can go into a higher resolution. (Best resolution I can get atm is 1360x768. With my previous card, I bought a HDMI cable and could do 1920x1080, but the games were visually unappealing because of the low refresh rate.) I'll keep you guys posted as time progresses.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
            Glad that it is up an running.  ;)
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres