Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help,Norton Internet Security has taken ovr  (Read 15362 times)

Becky Queen

I need help,Norton Internet Security has taken ovr
« on: May 14, 2004, 12:32:16 PM »
I previoulsy downloaded and installed Norton Internet Security on my WinXP, and I had to disable the firewall in order to view Web pages. If the firewall is enabled then I always get the "page will not display" page. But I can connect to the Internet just can't surf. What do I need to set on the firewall options?

merlin

« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 01:28:39 PM by merlin »

screensaver

Re: I need help,Norton Internet Security has taken
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 01:32:18 PM »
You might have accidentally denyed internet access to your internet connection.

You might want to check >Double click on your Firewall icon a window will pop up.  > Click Status and Settings>Click Personal Firewall > Click the program control tab > and you'll be able to check to see if access to the internet has been blocked and you can permit access again.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: I need help,Norton Internet Security has taken
    « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 01:42:45 PM »
    Becky Queen .....I would review the settings in your Norton Security.....it sounds like you have a setting set that is preventing you from accessing the pages you wish.   REMEMBER   .......when all fails read the instructions.

Good luck ,

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.