Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how can u join drives ?  (Read 3527 times)

trolo8

Topic Starter

Beginner

how can u join drives ?
    « on: May 23, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
    Hello there when i first got my computer the person who installed all the drivers and everything he split up the C drive in two parts C and E but now i keep getting errors that the C drive doesnt have memmory and it only has 19 gb as to where the E drive has more how can i join them bk to how they first were ? that way i only have to drives D and C and not C, D, and E which i dont use

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: how can u join drives ?
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
    so you have one drive with two partitions .... C and E drive? It's simple fix if you just want the E drive merged with C drive so computer reads it as a single drive so you get all the space under one drive letter. Ok, check out these two links (same results, but one is for windows xp, other is for windows vista and use whichever one matches the o.s. you got if it's windows)

1. http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/16/how-to-resize-a-partition-in-windows-vista --> resizing hard drive partition in windows vista

2. http://www.theeldergeek.com/hard_drives_05.htm --> resizing hard drive partition in windows xp

trolo8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 06:34:21 PM »
      k am searching google for a free partitioning program

trolo8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 06:44:24 PM »
        While looking i saw that in a place to download they said to delete the logical drive. If i do that delete E from C will that work ?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »
        If you delete it all your data will be gone.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

trolo8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »
          well i realy dont have anything in E just like a Song if anything but i want to know if C will take over and fill that space