Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deleting napster from my computer  (Read 2881 times)

NB

Topic Starter

deleting napster from my computer
    « on: May 28, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
    hi im trying to remove napster from my computers hard drive. i had napster installed when it used to be free. i still have it in my computers program files when i open the control panel on my computer. through a facebook chat, i was advised to delete napster by restarting my computer in safe mode. when restarting it i never got a safe mode option. through computer hope, i was also advised to use revo uninstaller but napster still appears in my program files list and when using revo uninstaller to delete it, i get a message saying that the portable drivers need to be updated before i delete napster. i followed the message which said "restart your computer to remove napsters drivers" but it is still showing up. can someone help?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: deleting napster from my computer
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »
    Right clik the Start Menu item and select "Delete"
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:57:26 AM »
      I think they ment more so the uninstall option.  ;)
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

NB

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »
        Napster is not in my start list..it's in my list of installed program files but im not sure if its an installation file or a setup file...its size is 1.68 KB. i tried uininstalling but i get a message saying for napster portable drivers to be uninstalled u must restart your computer. i selected add or remove all components  of napster when that option came up. after restarting my computer, i opened the control panel in my start menu in windows xp which is what i use, went to add /remove programs and napster still shows up. it cant be opened to use. i just want to delete the name napster from my list of installed programs to create room on my c: drive...any other ways to remove it from my list of installed program files?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:49 AM »
          Try this http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=1270.  Sorry was having to deal with other matters.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »