Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my 2003 server time getting slower  (Read 7037 times)

cmcrci

Topic Starter

Rookie

my 2003 server time getting slower
    « on: June 18, 2009, 01:32:47 AM »
    my 2003 server time getting slower and slower day by day.now it is 15 min difference with the IST.i am not getting any thoughts abt that is that CMOS problem or software problem.In that no ad or nothing is there it is using for just as a database server.

I am using 2003 server.

in that we installed network time synchronization software to synchronize time between nearly 20pcs for shift time outs.

is there any problem with that.

i changed the time of my server for three times but after 10 to 20 days it is again getting slow.

plz give me the reason and the what i have to do to prevent this.

take care 

thankyou

bye

hot dog

Re: my 2003 server time getting slower
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:43:25 AM »
    generally, a computer not being able to keep time is a sign of a worn out CMOS battery....(Shinny round thing on the motherboard)   Pull one out of another computer that you are not using and swap it out with the old one and see if that does the trick....If you don't have an extra battery, I believe you can find one at a local store......3 volt Lithium

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:45:21 AM »
    You need a new CMOS battery.
    There is small battery on your motherboard that's about the size of a nickel

You can get these batteries just about anywhere. Wal-mart or your local drug store will have them. You need CR2032.

Be sure to ground yourself while working inside of your computer - static electricity can fry your motherboard!

Good Luck!
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »
    I agree also 2032 cmos battery ... only other time I saw it wasnt the battery was a motherboard issue about 10 years ago on a AMD-K5 build. Clock when viewed in bios would count seconds erratically  1.2.....3.4.....5......6.7.....8.9 instead of the normal 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9

And this system was losing about a hour and 15 minutes a day.

Take a peak in the bios time and watch how it counts, it may have a small offset like

1..2...3..4...5..6...7 ( *note 2 dot and 3 dot time lapse to show delay intervals offset )

But the difference between each second counted should not be severe like my first example showing large periods before counting to next second.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »
    Also just saw that this is a double post...please do not double post

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,85731.0.html