Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio not functioning, please assist  (Read 3317 times)

Dancingman

Topic Starter

Starter

Audio not functioning, please assist
    « on: June 05, 2009, 04:24:31 PM »
    Hello, this is my first post here with a computer problem, bear with me as technology and I are not the best of friends.

My computer (Windows XP) has been playing sounds perfectly well up until a certain point, I listened to Youtube videos and played games all the time without any problems, as to what made it stop doing so, I have no clue. At some point, the computer simply failed to make any sounds. When I turn my speakers (which are made by HP) up to maximum volume, I can hear that annoying ring of the speakers ready to function, so for now, it would seem that this is not an issue with faulty speakers.

The strangest part of this is, when I attempt to figure out what's going on with my sound system, and I access my volume control, it says "No Audio Mixer detected" I would like to reiterate that my computer's sound functioned very well up until this point, evidently this "missing hardware" has simply flown under my computer's radar. When I check my hardware, it notes that everything is working properly, but will not allow me to modify sound settings because I apparently have no mixer. Other than this sound issue, nothing else is going wrong.

Dancingman

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Audio not functioning, please assist
      « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »
      D'oh! All i needed to do was update my drivers, problem solved.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »
        Dancingman,Welcome to the CH forums and well done. I hope all your future computer problems will be as easy for you to resolve. truenorth

Dancingman

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
          Thanks for the warm welcome TrueNorth ;D now I can get help on my comp without expensive tech support.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
            We'll sure try.truenorth