Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Accounting software on Windows XP  (Read 2309 times)

alonroz

Topic Starter

Starter

Accounting software on Windows XP
    « on: June 08, 2009, 01:51:55 AM »
    Can anypne help me, this is quite urgent?
    I'm using an accounting software in DOS that worked perfect on windows 98. Now I had to upgrade to xp, because of camera software, and my accounting program stopped working.
    It has a protection plug wich connect to LPT port. This plug doesn't work on xp.

I found a program called exdos that fixed it, but it cost money:
    http://www.taocs.co.il/exdos
    is anyone have something that will fix my ptroblem for free?

gpl

Apprentice
      Re: Accounting software on Windows XP
      « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:43:27 AM »
      One option - boot directly into DOS ...
      Download an appropriate disk image from bootdisk.com (say msdos 6.22) run the program with a blank floppy in the drive to create the bootable disk.

Now restart the pc with the floppy in, it will boot into dos..... if your hard disk is formatted as FAT, you should be able to access that.

If it doesnt work, you will only have wasted a little time, no money

Graham

alonroz

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:54:17 AM »
        Thank you, but I don't want to do this. I want it to work on windows xp cause I need the camera software to run 24/7, to protect the business, and i need the accounting software during the day too.

thank you anyway

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 04:22:41 AM »
        What accounting software are you using? There might be an XP upgrade/version of the software.

As for the LPT port not working, chances are you're missing drivers that are compatible with XP for your motherboard. Do you know the make and model of your motherboard or the make and model of your computer if it's a manufactured system?

A third option, which would probably be the most expensive option, would be to build/buy a second computer. Use one for your accounting software and the second for your video camera(s).