Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to uninstall Imesh search bar  (Read 61448 times)

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

How to uninstall Imesh search bar
    « on: June 15, 2009, 08:40:15 AM »
    Hello: I  use an XP service pack and the latest updated Firefox browser.  My son installed Imesh, whatever that is, and it has a search bar.  It even had set itself up as my homepage, but I overrode that and put Google back as the homepage. But I want to get Imesh out of there completely.

I went to "control panel"  "add or remove programs" and found it there. But when I click the uninstall, first I get a query as to why I want to  uninstall, which I answer. Then a line with a link to their "Help" comes, and under that a button that says "uninstall anyway". I click that but nothing happens. I've tried this several times. I'm worried that this could be a source of trojan  horses, etc. so I'd like to get it out of there before its too late.

What can I do to get rid of this?

Thanks

In peace
    Dr. D

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: How to uninstall Imesh search bar
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
    Go >here<

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
      Hello Soybean and kpac:  I did  have a funny feeling about that and that's why I want to uninstall; now your link proves I was right to suspect this.
        However, soybean, my whole problem is that it doesn't uninstall the usual way, by following the "uninstall" prompt in the control panel,  remove and add programs. I need to find a different way to get rid of it because no matter how much I click on the uninstall, it just doesn't go!

Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of this thing?

Thanks
      Dr.D.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
      Is it on Firefox it's installed?

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
        Yes, It's installed in  my Firefox browser

Dr D

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
        Go to C:\Program Files\Imesh, and see, if there is any uninstaller there.
        Another option: http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »
          The Imesh files did have an installer file, but true to course it didn't work! I guess they disable these or something. Anyway, I'm downloading the uninstaller you linked to and will keep you posted on how that works. Thanks for everything

Dr D

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:00:01 PM »
          If Revo doesn't work, we'll try to remove it manually.

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »
            Hello: I'm using the revo now, and I used the "ADVANCED" option which says it will hunt down all the traces of the program on the computer to eliminate them. I thought this was the best because this is a potentially dangerous application.
             Anyway, now revo presents me with a list of files and asks me if I want to delete them.  How do I know?  I mean, if these are all definitely related to Mesh, then I want to delete them. but what if some are system files or whatever?
             What do you advise?
            Thanks
            DrD

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 12:12:35 AM »
              This is really strange: I went ahead and deleted everything, and the program doesn't show up in my revo program list anymore.

BUT the mesh thing is still here as a toolbar on my Firefox. How can I get rid of this thing?

Thanks

DrD

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              « Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
              Download HijackThis:
              http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
              by clicking on Download HijackThis Installer
              Install, and run it.
              Post HijackTHis log.
              Do NOT attempt to fix anything!

NOTE. If you're using Vista, right click on HijackThis, and click Run as Administrator

================================================================================

Download FoxScan from HERE, or HERE
              Double click on FoxScan.exe to start the scan.
              DOS-like window will pop-up.
              Press 2 for English. Press Enter.
              Be patient. It'll take few minutes.
              When the tool is done, it'll display:

Search completed.
              Press any key to coninue...

Press any key.
              Notepad window titled Rapport-FS.txt will open.
              Post Notepad's content in your next reply.

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
                Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
                Scan saved at 8:48:43 AM, on 6/17/2009
                Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
                MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16850)
                Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\DeviceService\DevSvc.exe
                C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
                C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
                C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
                C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
                C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
                C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
                C:\Program Files\XpertVision\TBPanel.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
                C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
                C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
                C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
                E:\OpwareSE4.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtMon.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
                C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe
                E:\reza\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtProc.exe
                C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
                C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
                C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
                C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype\Plugins\Plugins\9E0D937F462E4362A83B254A9F8AB3F8\InnerPassFileSharing.exe
                C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
                C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
                C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
                C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
                C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
                C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
                C:\Program Files\trend micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - *{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
                R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
                O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
                O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
                O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
                O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
                O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
                O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
                O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {B7D3E479-CC68-42B5-A338-938ECE35F419} - (no file)
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TBPanel] C:\Program Files\XpertVision\TBPanel.exe /A
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UVS11 Preload] C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 11\uvPL.exe
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneCDTray] "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe" /s
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe /logon
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "E:\OpwareSE4.exe"
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WrtMon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtMon.exe
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl8] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDVD8LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] E:\reza\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
                O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
                O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
                O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Innerpass] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype\Plugins\Plugins\9E0D937F462E4362A83B254A9F8AB3F8\InnerPassFileSharing.exe autostart
                O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
                O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] E:\reza\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'SYSTEM')
                O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
                O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
                O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
                O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
                O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
                O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
                O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
                O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
                O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1199258053546
                O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/nos/gp.cab
                O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BFCF1F9A-D083-495F-868C-0F6558AD7FE5}: NameServer = 85.15.1.13 85.15.1.10
                O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
                O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
                O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
                O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
                O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
                O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
                O23 - Service: Capture Device Service - InterVideo Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\DeviceService\DevSvc.exe
                O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
                O23 - Service: getPlus(R) Helper - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe
                O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
                O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
                O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
                O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
                O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
                O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
                End of file - 10032 bytes

next log to follow

Drd

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »
                  Broni: I can't get the link to the foxscan to work. Neither of them brings up anything. I get a strange run/save box that has no file names in it.  I don't know if this is a browser problem or a link problem. What do you suggest?
                  DrD

Broni

Mastermind
                    • Computer Help Forum
                  « Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »
                  FoxScan.exe file zipped, and attached

[attachment deleted by admin]