Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Graphic Problems  (Read 2268 times)

Powerslave60

Topic Starter

Starter

Video Graphic Problems
    « on: June 16, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »
    Can't get a screenshot for this one.  I'm running my computer through my HDTV via HDMI.  I ran a program and when I exited out, the resolution was changed, I went into the NVidia control panel, and accidently hit "change to native resolution" or something like that, the screen went black, and when it came back, I have multiple green lines covering the screen.  The left side of the screen shows the very right side of the desktop.  The visible part of the desktop is very fuzzy and shifting about.  I tried to go into NVidia control panel to try and fix it and in the middle of trying to figure out what's going on, without doing anything, the rest of the visible desktop went into those green lines.  I've restarted the computer, but nothing was fixed.  The booting screens are all black with the green lines.  It's impossible to see anything, and I can't even get into Safe Mode because of this.

Any ideas?

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Video Graphic Problems
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »
    Is it a Windows OS? Boot into safe mode and make the changes there..
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

Powerslave60

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:44 AM »
      Yeah, it's an ACER with Windows Vista.  The problem is that I can't get into Safe Mode as even when booting I've got the black screen with green lines.  That's all I can see.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »
      Sorry. I missed the part wherein you said you cant get into Safe mode.. What monitor are you using right now, the HDTV? Try using an ordinary monitor and see if you can get display right..
      "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
      --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

Powerslave60

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »
        Well, I went and tried to go into Safe Mode blindly, and funny enough, everything's fixed.  Had to change it from 1080i to 720p and resize the desktop, but everything's fixed now.

Thanks for the help, sorry to have made a useless post.  From now on, I'm not touching that button! lol

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 12:08:59 PM »
        That's nice to hear, :)
        --Kuya Daniel Razon