Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Startup Menu  (Read 4426 times)

jgsax

Windows XP Startup Menu
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:37:39 PM »
When I click on startup I have several shortcuts shown on the left side.  Windows keeps adding shortcuts as I use programs and I have to keep deleting them as soon there is a message that there is no more room on the starup menu.  

Those that I want there I "pin" to the startup and don't want windows to add any.  How can I stop this from happening?

merlin_2

Re: Windows XP Startup Menu
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:40:51 PM »
chose when downloading/installing software..............no short-cuts....more info on system..........silly question......winxp.........

Computer_Commando

jgsax

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 04:08:06 PM »
I went to that site and I'm not sure I understand.  I don't know what "Group Policy Editor" is.  

The registry entry info is a little confusing to me.  Do I put "NoStartMenuMFUprogramsList" under name  and "REG_DWORD" under type and under data enter 0?

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 04:14:58 PM »
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.  

Add a new key by the name "NoResolveTrack" (without quotes) and sets its value to 1.