Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having some trouble booting up my new system  (Read 2257 times)

Th3Drizzl3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Having some trouble booting up my new system
    « on: June 20, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »
    Hello, I'm having a bit of difficulty booting up my new setup for the first time.  I hit the power button and everything lights up and all fans run fine, however, I get no display on the screen.  The monitor looks like it's checking whether it's running analog or digital (which it always does) and then just goes black and the monitor power button LED flashes... I checked the video card (which is a 9800 GTX+) and everything seems to be in place and the fan on the video card runs fine... I thought perhaps it wasn't seated right in the PCI-E slot so I took it out and repositioned it, same problem... Any suggestions?  I'm thinking of swapping out the video card from the setup I'm typing this from and putting it in the new setup to see if it makes a difference... Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

Th3Drizzl3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Having some trouble booting up my new system
      « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »
      sorry for the double post, but as an update, I just noticed I have onboard video and I'm plugging into my PCI-E video card.... would I want to plug in to the motherboard monitor port and then try to boot up and see if I can somehow disable the onboard video?

Th3Drizzl3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »
        also I get no post beep of any kind

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:24:12 AM »
          Something else is probably wrong, yes that is possibly occuring you could try connencting it.  You will probably need to disable it, it should be pnp.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Th3Drizzl3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »
            Is it possible that the hard drive is DOA? Is there any easy way to determine if it is working or not?  I have no LED to confirm...

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »
            DLoad the free diagnostics from the drive makers site...
            Use it to create a bootable CD and test the drive...
            Run the long test.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Th3Drizzl3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:35 AM »
              I tried taking out the 9800 GTX+ and booting from the onboard video... Still the same issue: blinking LED on the monitor power button, no display, no 'not connected' message on the monitor, and no post beep.  I'm thinking now it may be the mobo?  All of the fans are spinning including the CPU fan that is directly hooked up to the mobo.... I had a friend with pretty much this exact same issue and it turned out to be a defective mobo... Does that seem plausible?

interested

Starter

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
                hello friend, u can look out for the power supply .or try to reinstall the system .thank you

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 01:49:45 AM »
                  check the header I/O to make sure everything is set right.  Patio at this point something like that isnt plausable an we have to treat it that way.  If the HD is bad you still wouldnt see anything, what you can do is fire it up an feel the drive is it spining at all?
                  Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres