Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Start up error after exiting from MS-DOS and restarting to windows 98 HELP!!!  (Read 3542 times)

Kirbopher

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
    • The Computer Clan
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
So i shutdown windows and reboot in MS-DOS mode and i do whatever and i hit Ctrl-C and type exit to exit MS-DOS mode and it will restart windows 98. When i exit MS-DOS to windows 98 i get a blue screen that says: Invalid VxD dynamic link call from NWLINK (01) * 0000010F to device "0028", service 8000.your windows configuration is invalid.
Please run windows setup program, to continue using windows press enter or Y Warning continuing using windows your system may become unstable, to exit or stop using windows press N.(after pressing no i get a message saying please run windows setup program, Press any key to continue and then it shuts down and when i start windows again everything is fine but the screen appears only when i exit MS-DOS.
How do i fix this error screen from coming back ???
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:55:53 AM by Kirbopher »
Remember the 6 R's to troubleshooting
Retry, Restart, Research, Reinstall, Restore, Replace

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: start up error after MS-DOS
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »
Exit MS-DOS to Win 98????

Do you mean exit Win 98 to MS-DOS???

What happens when you enter command from Start->Run from Windows 98 "without selecting shutdown 'restart in dos mode'"?

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:02:35 AM »
@Dave - I think the OP means when he uses the Exit command to return to windows having finished in the Command shell.

@OP - this error can be caused by a defective ram stick, try reseating your ram.  If you have more than one stick try using one at a time to identify the defective one if ram is the problem.

Good luck.
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

macdog 777

one time i clicked on dos mode for games and it reset my computer and i still cant get out of dos every time i reset my computer it still sends me back to dos mode i put in exit plus win and it still sends me back to dos mode ????

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

comda

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »
    @Dave - I think the OP means when he uses the Exit command to return to windows having finished in the Command shell.

@OP - this error can be caused by a defective ram stick, try reseating your ram.  If you have more than one stick try using one at a time to identify the defective one if ram is the problem.

Good luck.

i don't think it's the RAm chip. when my ram chip was faulty my computer kept beeping on off on off

macdog 777

I  put the ram in diffrint places and it wont go back to windows plus it still saids expaned memory (EMS) support i tipe exit and win and it still wont go back to windows 98???