Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics card  (Read 2992 times)

Mulreay

Graphics card
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:43:04 PM »
Is this worth getting for my new build?

[attachment deleted by admin]

jimbo8098

Beginner

Re: Graphics card
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:05:29 PM »
    nah not really... I hear that the GTX versions in nvidia are really good value for the tech... apparently nvidia nearly lost money selling them !

i have an Inno3D GeForce 9400GT PCI-E 512MB and i wouldnt reccomend it since there are better cards for the price.

Mine cost around £50 ( $82.51 )...

I am currently working for clicknetworks IT Support. Please feel free to visit our site at http://www.clicknetworks.co.uk

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »
    nah not really... I hear that the GTX versions in nvidia are really good value for the tech... apparently nvidia nearly lost money selling them !

i have an Inno3D GeForce 9400GT PCI-E 512MB and i wouldnt reccomend it since there are better cards for the price.

It's ok I'm English. I want a truly great graphics card for gaming.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 02:26:51 AM »
    A 9400GT is not a good card for gaming.
    For £50 you can get a much better performing card.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:30:59 AM »
      Depends how much your willing to put in it.  I found ATI to be fairly well, also I can have a second monitor if I want.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 02:33:42 AM »
      A 9400GT is not a good card for gaming.
      For £50 you can get a much better performing card.

Thanks for the post. What would you recommend? I want something that will easily play any game but must have longevity so I'm not changing cards every 2 minutes.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 02:35:27 AM »
        I have an ATI X1300 its a pci but it plays what I want it too.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 02:45:49 AM »
        Well, for the same price you can get this.
        A little more for this.
        Or this.
        Or even this.

Believe me here - I have a 9500GT in my server and it's destroyed by my 8800GT, I mean literally obliterated.  The 4770 or above is better than the 8800GT - so for the extra £30 over the 9500GT, you're getting something like 3x the actual performance.  That's a conservative estimate, in higher end gaming you'd find the differences to be bigger.

Mulreay

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 02:53:27 AM »
        Well, for the same price you can get this.
        A little more for this.
        Or this.
        Or even this.

Believe me here - I have a 9500GT in my server and it's destroyed by my 8800GT, I mean literally obliterated.  The 4770 or above is better than the 8800GT - so for the extra £30 over the 9500GT, you're getting something like 3x the actual performance.  That's a conservative estimate, in higher end gaming you'd find the differences to be bigger.

Thanks Calum very helpful.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 08:11:30 AM »
        I have an ASUS GeForce 9600GT that I am very happy with. It's been great with games.