Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bleeping noise coming from inside my computer ?  (Read 4193 times)

cuteice87

Bleeping noise coming from inside my computer ?
« on: June 22, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »
Hi I'm new here, looked every were for help but didn't get any
I have a desk top (duel BIOS) but a few months ago a bleeping noise started.
it wasn't very often but now it happens so much. When ever the sound starts I check the event viewer but found nothing there when the sound happend. a few weeks ago my McAfee started giving me a warning" A buffer overflow was detected on your computer" the sound started and my computer gave a blue screen telling me restart and remove any new installed program. this was fixed by installing Malwarebytes and scanning the mesage from mcAfee stopped coming as the scan removed some bad Trojans. I though the sound was gone then too, but now if I scan a full scan with McAfee or if I install, remove some thing from my computer the sound starts then stops when the application is over. the sound also comes if only the browser is on for a while with nothing else. the bleeping noise also starts if I'm printing a load of papers and stops as its done printing. when a tried working on a poster the noise kept coming if I move a text box with a lot of writing of picture's in it. this sound can't be heard through the headphones or monitor speakers but from inside the computer. the sound is the same sound that comes after 1 sec of turning on my computer. . oh my copmuter had a problem with windows so I had to do recovery to get every thing back but it was OK then for months tell this bleeping noise started.please help with my problem I don't have the time to format the computer and start over as I'm in my graduating year and have researches to finish  :'(

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Bleeping noise coming from inside my computer ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »
THERMAL threshold met can cause the beeping...if the CPU is running TOO HOT the onboard temp sensor will start to beep. Is the heatsink for the CPU packed with dust and clogged are all fans running properly?

You might have a setting in the BIOS to set the level at which to start beeping if too hot and the system shutdown if a higher temp is reached. Some bios's have the ability to change the values to make it less or more sensitive to heat alerts. Others will beep but wont give you any info.

You can also install and run speedfan to see the system temps and report them back here.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan438.exe

cuteice87

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »
Thank you ;D, It looks likes thats the problem.
I used speed fan and looks like your right , I have a set of three temp 25c, 25c and 60c the last reaches 60c with a picture of flame next to it when scanning because the cpu usage was about 82% , there is also a HD0 wich is 41c and another temp 1 odf 22c. I have three fans identified with a speed of 2377, 0, 2637 RPM respectivly. so does this mean than fan 2 caused temp 3 to rise to 60c or temp 1 is for fan 1 and so on. hoow can i know wich fan to fix they all look like they are working?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:08:22 PM »
Thermal Paste Guide

Please read it thoroughly as too much is also as bad as not enough...
Report back with your new temps...
You may need to add another case fan which we can assist with.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cuteice87

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:54:11 AM »
Thank you all very much,
I cleaned the fans and they are running faster than before, I also added an extra fan( dad fixed it). the temps are now 22c as lowest and 40c as highest. I over loaded my computer with work to see if the noise would come but it didn't as the temp doesn't reach near 60c . no more bleeping ;D. thank you for your help I would have lost hope if not for you.
I can now work on my research peacefully :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:04:39 AM by cuteice87 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »
Excellent....
Stop by anytime ! !
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "