Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Magnetic Screwdriver  (Read 2377 times)

Poppy

Magnetic Screwdriver
« on: June 27, 2005, 10:18:26 AM »
My fan has become really loud. So, I thought its about time to clean the inside of my computer and the fan. But what I did was, I opened up the fan case using a magnetic screwdriver (Idiot Me). I did not touch any of circuits and actual hardware with the screwdriver. I did it this morning and every things seems fine except that firefox is acting up. Unto the question: I was wondering am I likely to see any damage done to my computer later on?

Thank you

Raptor

Re: Magnetic Screwdriver
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 11:21:46 AM »
The connection between Firefox and your magnetic screwdriver should  be practically non-existant.

What kind of problems do you have with Firefox?

Poppy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 12:04:56 PM »
I know that there wasn't going to be connection to firefox, but I was just wondering would the magnetic screwdriver do anything to actual motherboard, graphics card etc. I was wondering maybe if I would come across hardware problem from the magnets in the future, because my computer seems alright, but has only been a few hours after I used the screwdriver?

Thank you

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 12:21:21 PM »
There are magnets inside a pc case<motherboard>......power supply unit and cpu fan........