Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP WITH AIM  (Read 2906 times)

Mindyeva

Topic Starter

Starter

HELP WITH AIM
    « on: June 27, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »
    HI EVERYONE

I HAD AIM6 ON MY COMPUTER AND GOT A POPUP MESSAGE TO DOWNLOAD AIM6.9 OF COURSE IT WAS FROM THE VALID AIM WEBSITE.  I PROCEEDED TO DOWNLOAD AIM 6.9 AND THEN WHEN I WENT TO LOG INTO AIM IT TOLD ME MY CONNECTION FAILED. I HAVE SEARCHED ON THE WEB FOR HELP FOR THIS ONLY TO FIND THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM.  I CAN NOW AFTER DOING THIS, NO LONGER INSTALL AIM (ANY VERSION) ON MY COMPUTER AND HAVE IT WORK.  I TRIED EVERYTHING FROM UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING MY OLD AIM TO RESTORING MY SYSTEM TO A PREVIOUS DATE WHERE IT WORKED AND IT STILL DID NOT WORK.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS???????????? PLEASE!!!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU  :)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: HELP WITH AIM
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »
    Turn off the capslock please...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mindyeva

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 06:33:24 AM »
      Sorry about that -

Could anyone help me?

dominicanjuan7

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »
        HI EVERYONE

I HAD AIM6 ON MY COMPUTER AND GOT A POPUP MESSAGE TO DOWNLOAD AIM6.9 OF COURSE IT WAS FROM THE VALID AIM WEBSITE.  I PROCEEDED TO DOWNLOAD AIM 6.9 AND THEN WHEN I WENT TO LOG INTO AIM IT TOLD ME MY CONNECTION FAILED. I HAVE SEARCHED ON THE WEB FOR HELP FOR THIS ONLY TO FIND THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM.  I CAN NOW AFTER DOING THIS, NO LONGER INSTALL AIM (ANY VERSION) ON MY COMPUTER AND HAVE IT WORK.  I TRIED EVERYTHING FROM UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING MY OLD AIM TO RESTORING MY SYSTEM TO A PREVIOUS DATE WHERE IT WORKED AND IT STILL DID NOT WORK.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS???????????? PLEASE!!!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU  :)

hey everyone i had the same  problem but i found the solution!!! i backed up my computer i delete aim and any software that i dont use..then i took my external hard drive or even a cd to save some pictures or music that u want to keep...then u create a new account ( by the way im using vista) then you go to your new account...then delete the one u first had.. reset computer download aim and thats it...ur computer is fresh again any qustions feel free to ask!

Keep it Clean...we have Members of all ages here.
        patio.
        « Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:52:35 AM by patio »

thebige1215

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »
          Have you both checked to see if your firewalls are blocking AIM?

Mindyeva

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »

hey everyone i had the same  problem but i found the solution!!! i backed up my computer i delete aim and any software that i dont use..then i took my external hard drive or even a cd to save some pictures or music that u want to keep...then u create a new account ( by the way im using vista) then you go to your new account...then delete the one u first had.. reset computer download aim and thats it...ur computer is fresh again any qustions feel free to ask!

Keep it Clean...we have Members of all ages here.
            patio.
            Hi Juan

How do you back up your computer? And what do you mean you create a new account? Do you mean that if my daughter were to use my computer, we would create a new account - is that what you mean? What do you mean by "reset computer download aim"? Thank you for your help everyone - oh and by the way yes, I turned off my firewalls and it's still no good - but thanks!

dominicanjuan7

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
              Hi Juan

How do you back up your computer? And what do you mean you create a new account? Do you mean that if my daughter were to use my computer, we would create a new account - is that what you mean? What do you mean by "reset computer download aim"? Thank you for your help everyone - oh and by the way yes, I turned off my firewalls and it's still no good - but thanks!

Every computer got a back up check point to find out go to  ..

1.http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/data/backup.mspx (To back up your computer)
              2.if your the main user on the computer (administrator) after you back up your computer create a new account or since you have backed up your system try aim to see if it works... i basically did all that because i wanted to start a fresh account with a new aim download. So i created the new account also as an administrator. if you have more then one user on that computer i wouldnt worry about it  unless aim didnt work under there name as well if aim doesnt work under that persons account then they need to create a new account. i kept my music and pictures which were importent to me and signed off  went to the new account.. delete the one i had then i rested my computer... then i download aim. worked fine for me hoped this helped..

Mindyeva

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
                I'm all confused - but I think I have the picture- I will just create a new user (I think this is what you mean by a new account) and try it. Thanks for your help