Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wooden Box PC  (Read 31837 times)

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Wooden Box PC
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »
Indeed it would.  I know one guy that went so far as to build a desk around his enclosure, the computer could be accessed for maintenance and upgrades by lifting the top of the desk.  The drawer front was fake, and it vented through the base of the main drawer.
Evil is an exact science.

jowolf359

Rookie

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »
    Wouldn't it be easier to place everything in a locked drawer rather than lifting the top? Just my .02$.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »
    Wouldn't it be easier to place everything in a locked drawer rather than lifting the top? Just my .02$.

He uses the drawer space, besides, he has the display mounted inside the desktop.  I wish I could find the pix of it, it really looks incredible.
    Evil is an exact science.

Dead Reckon

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »
    I know this is several days late, but I'm still unsure of the exact design I'll use, if I build it. Its just an idea at the moment. Seeing as I'm broke, saving for a 50CC motorcycle, and don't want to spend on anything else (except a 5" Ka-Bar I'm getting), I'll put it on the backburner. I do like the filing cabinet idea though. Mount the whole friggin' thing in the drawer. Problem? Yank it out, presto, I'd run a power cable internally, one end spliced to a C14 inlet, the other to a C14 outlet. The outlet end would plug into the PSU, and the inlet would be fixed to the back of the filing cabinet. So when I open the drawer it doesn't come unplugged. I'd do the same for everything else, USB, PS/2, audio, D-Sub/DVI/S-Video. Simple but effective system it would seem like. Chasm of a case too, could fit anything in it. Thanks for the idea, I'll consider that. Atleast noone will have the brains to steal it.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 07:18:26 AM »
    Clik Here...

I've always loved this site...some pretty creative projects.
    They use however the mini-ATX form factor but you still may find some inspiration...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dead Reckon

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 08:13:34 AM »
    Yeah, that's where I got inspiration for a lot of cases. Interesting builds, I'll probably turn this laptop into some crazy web browser once it gets several more years on it.

smeezekitty

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »