Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disabling all Browsers  (Read 2953 times)

sandeepnaga2000

Disabling all Browsers
« on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »
I am designing a software for internet cafes which should allow any browser to open only through the link provided for that browser in the software. The browsers should not open directly through windows!!! They should open only through the software... How can i disable all browsers in this context??

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Disabling all Browsers
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
I am designing a software for internet cafes which should allow any browser to open only through the link provided for that browser in the software. The browsers should not open directly through windows!!! They should open only through the software... How can i disable all browsers in this context??

So you want us to work for you for free?
You're going to sell this for money and you want us to work for you for free?
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You do know they have a pill for that right?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:56:12 AM by Quantos »
Evil is an exact science.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:13:46 AM »
Besides, if someone knows how to write a program to achieve such a thing, you would think they would be knowledgeable enough to figure that out.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
and I'd think that .... he or she may be able to hijack the computer so that he would be able to run the browser normally outside of the"special"  browser link :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 03:08:13 PM by 2x3i5x »

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »
am designing a software for internet cafes which should allow any browser to open only through the link provided for that browser in the software. The browsers should not open directly through windows!!! They should open only through the software...

What does this achieve?  What are you hoping to accomplish?

I've been to several places which provide a password to customers.  One place gave an hour's free time for no purchase, and more time with a purchase.  The password on a slip of paper may be low-tech, but it's an easy means of providing control access.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 03:12:14 PM by Aegis »

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"