Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing IE 8  (Read 3356 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    Installing IE 8
    « on: July 03, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »
    My machine is awaiting my okay to download IE-8. For those who know me, you know I am not computer literate. Is there any way I can foul this up if I click INSTALL NOW?

Thanks
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

Kip

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Installing IE 8
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
    I have IE 8 on all five of our computers and have not had any problems.
    The only thing that could be confusing is when you are starting it for the first time.
    You will be asked whether you want to install things like "Accelerators".  (I did not install any accelerators on our computers.)
    Happiness is not getting what you want, it is wanting what you get.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:17:27 PM »
    I would certainly create a Restore Point beforehand as IE8 still has issues and you will need it to get back to good...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »
      :) Hey Patio, thank you for the info...er, how do I do that? And prolly more importantly, what is it? A fallback or way to continue using IE7 or whatever edition I have?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »
        Thanks Patio...I have used System Restore with the help of AOL techs.:D I do nothing on my own. This looks like I'd screw it up somehow. You have no idea how intimidated I am by this machine.

I wanted to do the HJT but when I did, I couldn't copy and paste the result. But maybe I used it from the wrong place. I used it on my desk top rather than from my Start menu.

I posted this is Soft ware but got no respose. I keep getting AOL IS NOT RESPONDING. Sometimes it will let go in a few seconds other times and most of the time I have to close down AOL. I guess I need to contact them. their techs can be such a pain in the *censored*.

Enjoy your 4Th.