Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 10+ Years of ComputerHope  (Read 2195 times)

Cityscape

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
10+ Years of ComputerHope
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »
Hi guys,

I was reading around on site here, and it hit me that this site is about 11 years old.

So I'd like to use this space to thank all who've made it happen:

- Firstly, I like to give Nathan E. a big thank you for founding this site as well as taking care of (the many i'm sure) issues that have come up these past 10 years. It's a huge job taking care of this place and I really appreciate Nathan taking time out his daily life for this site.

- Secondly, I like to extend my thanks to all the moderators who've been helping Nathan here, Namely: Patio, Calum, Carbon, CBMatt, Dilbert, Zylstra, GX1_Man, Flame and of course Don Lawless who is no longer with us.

- Thirdly, thanks to all the members who've been here helping one another out. Without you, this place would be dead right now.

I've grown to love this place, and all you guys. We are like one big family with the same passion (computers).

And I hope this place we be here for people for years to come. :)

Thanks for letting me take time to express myself, if you have comments that's what the below space is for.

> Cityscape <

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: 10+ Years of ComputerHope
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:21:33 PM »
i would like to second what cityscape has just said , i come on here every night and i feel i have learnt so

much form CH , ( although some would say not ) , i feel in my own way i have helped a few people , i have

stopped going to msn , yahoo answers , this is now my social site and i enjoy it , i only wish i could learn

something to do with a pc to help people more

Cityscape

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 04:37:43 PM »
i would like to second what cityscape has just said , i come on here every night and i feel i have learnt so

much form CH , ( although some would say not ) , i feel in my own way i have helped a few people , i have

stopped going to msn , yahoo answers , this is now my social site and i enjoy it , i only wish i could learn

something to do with a pc to help people more

I have to say truthfully that what Harry said also applies to myself.
I have helped a few people during my time here, but have learnt so much more from just hanging around here.

I used be on Yahoo Answers and the others but i no longer go there, i now call CH my home instead.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
    Cityscape, your thanks is very generous to all of us.
    Might as well as give yourselve a pat on the back too, for your contributions

If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.