Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sizing figures  (Read 2085 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

sizing figures
    « on: July 04, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »
    I have a Word2000 file that contains a number of figures for a book that I am getting published. The figures that were copied into this file fitted into a A4 page so had a common width. However, some of them have expanded is size for some unknown (to me) reason. I can reduce them back to the proper size by highlighting the frame and then moving the right hand arrow. I then do that to the bottom arrow. I then save the file. The next time I open it, these figures are enormous again. I have tried to find an alternative method on Help that works. I know I am missing something simple - but what?

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: sizing figures
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:25 AM »
    i think if you save it copies it , you have to " save as " and give it a new name or number then you will have 2

different sizes it works with photos , of course i may be wrong

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:06 AM »
    What programme are you using to open the file?

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »
      I have tried resizing the large and small figures and then 'save as' to a new file name.
      When I downloaded that file I got the error message 'The dimensions after resizing are too small or too large' and many of the figures had become small or large again some of the figures disappeared when I change from Normal View to Print view. I save as .rtf rather than .doc

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 11:40:35 PM »
        I am using Word2000 to open the file. I am puzzled in that the figures that are changing in size are also in a Word2000 file with the text of the book and I have had no problems with that file. The figures are the right size at each down load. Both files are .rtf I have just downloaded the renamed file. The error message came up twice, as usual. a number of figures were small, large or missing.