Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hi i'm planning to play online games through web proxies..  (Read 6477 times)

gilbertmarpuri

Topic Starter

Rookie

hi i'm planning to play online games through web proxies..
    « on: July 10, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »
    right now i have found proxycap and i don't know what to pair it with, and sometimes i want to have no restriction on internet access. can you suggest me please a software? just like your-freedom but i heard you need to pay for it so i didn't bother anymore. Anything that can be free thanks a lot :)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: hi i'm planning to play online games through web proxies..
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:13:45 AM »
    Sounds illegal to me.......

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:28:05 AM »
    Sounds like you're bypassing placed security measures to me.....

pragma

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 08:10:11 AM »
      Regardless, you can't play online games (the not browser based kind) through http proxies anyway.

gilbertmarpuri

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:36:59 PM »
         :'( i checked from the net and says they are not really illegal, i just wanted to play world of warcraft through it thanks anyway

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 05:22:08 AM »
        Through the actual game, is it? Not through a browser? If so, you'll want a hardware proxy.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »
        Just curious... why would you even want to play Warcraft through a proxy?

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 10:38:45 AM »
        and sometimes i want to have no restriction on internet access

The original poster needs to better explain this statement.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

gilbertmarpuri

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »
          The original poster needs to better explain this statement.

my ip is banned i don't know what i did.

gilbertmarpuri

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
            Just curious... why would you even want to play Warcraft through a proxy?

my brother wants to play WoW through a proxy so that for him to have an improved connection, that's what he said to me

gilbertmarpuri

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »
              Through the actual game, is it? Not through a browser? If so, you'll want a hardware proxy.

thanks, but is there a proxy server? or just software to connect to their server?

fat_basterd21

Apprentice

• Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 09:43:51 PM »

Contact WoW's support through e-mail. We dont help people bypass security or bannings on this site.
              CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

quaxo

Guru
                • Yes
              « Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 09:46:01 PM »
              my brother wants to play WoW through a proxy so that for him to have an improved connection, that's what he said to me

For online games, especially Warcraft, using a proxy would increase your latency, not make it better. Everyone I've ever known to have tried it has increased their latency to the point where they're constantly getting disconnected because of ping timeouts, especially in high population areas like Dalaran and Wintergrasp. The best way to improve your connection with Warcraft would be to connect directly to the server.

I've never known Blizzard to ban IPs, just accounts. If your IP was banned, your brother wouldn't be able to play either (if he's using the same connection).

You can contact account services and dispute the ban through one of the methods mentioned here:
              http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20606

I'd recommend getting someone on the phone and making an inquiry that way. It's a toll-free number in the US (1-800-592-5499). There are additional phone numbers on the page I linked if you're located in another country, most of which are also toll-free. If you're in a country that doesn't allow calling to US toll-free numbers, you can call 1-949-955-0283, but long distance charges will apply. Alternatively, you can email account services at [email protected] or through their web form.

Keep in mind, Warcraft monitors what pages you're browsing and what additional programs you have running on your computer. That's not rumor or myth... Blizzard admitted this years ago and it is even in the license agreement (which most people don't read). If you were doing or running anything suspicious on your computer while the game was running, it's entirely possible that your account was banned for it.

From the license agreement:
              5. Pre-Loaded Software.
              The media on which the Game Client is distributed may contain additional software and/or content for which you do not have a license (the "Locked Software"), and you agree that Blizzard may install the Locked Software onto your hard drive during the Game Client installation process. You also agree that you will not access, use, distribute, copy, display, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile any Locked Software, or create any derivative works based on the Locked Software, until and unless you receive from Blizzard (a) a license to use that software; and (b) a valid alphanumeric key with which to unlock it. If you receive a license and a key from Blizzard, you may only unlock those portions of a single copy of the Locked Software for which you received a license. The terms of the End User License Agreement displayed after the Locked Software is unlocked will replace and supersede this Agreement, but only with regard to the Locked Software for which you receive a license. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you may make one (1) copy of the Locked Software for archival purposes only.

6. Consent to Monitor.
              WHEN RUNNING, THE GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 2. IN THE EVENT THAT THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, THE GAME MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.

The "Locked Software" refers to Blizzard's 'The Warden', their anti-cheat software. Some people classify it as spyware, but Blizzard can get away with it because they tell you and get your consent to install it when you agree to the license.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
              « Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »
              To conclude, Contact Blizzard. We will not help you circumvent any security measures.