Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I think I conquored the beast myself. Can ya check my logs plz?  (Read 2926 times)

foosnik

Topic Starter

Rookie

So it figures that I get sick yesterday, which sucks, but I was kind of happy to have an excuse to just veg out in front of the comp all day and guess what happens?  My computer gets sick too.  I don't know where this one came from.  I was not doing anything suspect at all.  No nudey sites or illegal activity.  So if you have any suggestions as to how this might have happened so i may avoid this in the future it would be appreciated.

So all of a sudden one of these false alarm viruses started that first shut down Avira Antivirus and then a fake explorer window that started popping up saying I have viruses.  At this point Malware Bytes was still functioning so I ran a search and rebooted and it was better but firefox was still hijacked and I could not run any executables.  I ran Malware Bytes again and it came up with 2 trojans, one of which it was saying it was locked out of.  Rebooted again and the same two trojans came up.

So I had some experience with this before and these forums, particularly Evil Fantasy, saved my arse.  Thank you bro!!  I came back here and read through some similar threads again and remembered using Combo-Fix the first time.  This worked like magic.  Gotta love that combo-fix.  I think I am gonna donate some dough to them.  Then I ran SuperAntiSpyware, rebooted, ran Hijack This, then ran Malware Bytes again.  I have posted all the logs here. 

Would you all mind just checking them out to see if it is dead for sure?

And also, what good is an AntiVirus program if they can be so easily compromised.  That virus just shut Avira down easily.  Seems to me Avira should of been the one to say, "No, no, no, my friend.  You are not allowed to shut me down or get access to this computer."

Thanks a lot, friends.

[attachment deleted by admin]