Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic:  GDI32.DLL print justification  (Read 7753 times)

Kapil_Goondli

GDI32.DLL print justification
« on: May 27, 2005, 10:37:07 AM »
I write software in VB3 and VB6. I have just bought a new NEC PC, with XPPro SP2. Microsoft will not support me direct, NEC don't "support" the Op system.
The file GDI32.DLL provides a call "SetTextAlign" which allows me to set printed text Right-justified, center-justified etc. - this has been available since clay tablets. In the new version, all justification other than Left-justified has disappeared - there are no errors reported, it just doesn't!
The problem occurs with GDI32.DLL version 5.1.2600 build 2180 dated Aug 4 2004. Previous builds (eg 5.1.2600.1346) work ok on other PCs. I do not know how to beat XP's security to copy an older version of GDI32.DLL to resolve the issue on this PC. Can you advise (a) how to copy an older version of GDI32.DLL past XP's security?, and (b) how to resolve the non-justification issue where my software finds the problem elsewhere?
Many thanks for reading this far....!
Steve Dunne
[email protected]

Diagnose/troubleshooting:

Written a small test program demonstrating left- right- and center-justification on printed output, and tried it on several PCs with various versions of GDI32.DLL

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re:   GDI32.DLL print justification
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:48:47 PM »
Try this:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6228_11-5421501.html

GDI32.DLL is a system file. Installing an older version is risky and done at your own risk.

8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein