Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet drops on one PC but not others  (Read 2218 times)

SpiceRack

Internet drops on one PC but not others
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
One of my laptops drops off internet when on for 5 minutes. All other PC working normally. This happens both when using wireless and directly connected to cable. When direct connected to cable, the orange network light is on but no green light (activity). In both cases the network shows as being connected with strong signal but not response.  Any ideas? After removing all other PC's from network, problem still persists.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Internet drops on one PC but not others
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
Have you tried connecting using the cable with the wireless switched off?  Because it sounds like when the network cable is connected, it's still trying to use your wireless connection.

Some specs would help - make and model of laptop, operating system, network cards etc.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Internet drops on one PC but not others
    « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 05:55:48 AM »
    try scanning your pc lately for maleware an what not?
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres