Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: changing back to IE7 from a new IE8  (Read 7254 times)

bigbangnet

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: changing back to IE7 from a new IE8
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »
Since I'm a IE hater to my bone and blood. I wanted to share other solutions that works. The problem to this thread from the OP that he mentionned was when upgrading to IE8 it was slower. A solution to this is to use another type of browser. Theres Opera, chrome and Firefox.

I like Firefox for 1 simple reason except that it's fast. It has a load of extention. So my solution to this would be install Firefox. Install a Internet explorer extention viewer (it allows you to switch engine to an IE ) that allows you to view pages in IE and becomes fully compatible. You could also install some IE theme in firefox so that it looks like IE itself.

You could say why use Firefox when it could look like IE. Firefox contains extentions and  a lots of them to increase security and other stuff that will be useful to every day user.

ps: this ain't hijacking a thread in case you wonder cause the OP mentionned is IE8 was getting slow... Firefox could be a solution to this problem.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
Replying to a thread thats 2 years old could also be a problem
11 cheers for binary !

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »
Armecia you should start a new Topic so it can recieve the proper attention...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "