Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: the sleep refuses to work  (Read 3091 times)

J72050

the sleep refuses to work
« on: July 14, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
...my sleep on Vista Home Premium used to work.....it stopped working, over time......I did my bit with power options, etc...and it will wake up....but never again touching the mouse nor keyboard...I have to hit the on/off buttom on my Dell desktop.....my solution went like this......start, control panel, classic view, double click power options, click change when computer goes to sleep, select change advanced power settings, click+ next to sleep, click+ to allow hybrid sleep, click ok when finished.....well, this solved it.....but the sleep option is gone from keyboard and touching mouse to awake the computer from power save.....these two things cannot be done again to wake it up........or the other option to put to sleep and wake up computer at same page......that quit working too......this is not life and death...but the original options disappeared, and how do I get them back...or are they gone with the wind ? :-[