Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: This is not a bump but I'm not sure what else to do...  (Read 4040 times)

tryagain

Topic Starter

Rookie

This is not a bump but I'm not sure what else to do...
    « on: July 23, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
    I posted my logs on July 18 under the "Need help with malware" thread. I also read evilfantasy's post stating that we should not bump and that help would be given starting from the oldest posts to the newest, so I have not posted again. But I am seeing others receiving direction that have posted more recently. I'm wondering if maybe my thread has been forgotten since it has lapsed to page 2.

Please know I mean no offense - I am so appreciative of what you are doing here for people and the time it takes to do it. I'm only posting because I'm not sure if I've been forgotten or just need to continue being patient; and my computer is still in need of your technical expertise to set it free from the bondage of malware wrecking havoc on its internal functions.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: This is not a bump but I'm not sure what else to do...
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »
    IF you are going to bump a post actually bump the thread itself, making a new thread won't help us find your original thread  :)
    Evil is an exact science.

tryagain

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
      Sorry - that was part of the dilemma. Since bumping would put the original post back at the bottom of the list in terms of who's up next, I wasn't sure if that was what should be done.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:30:51 PM »
      You will get more sympathy bumping an existing thread than starting a new thread.

Depending on the age of the original thread anyway.  If it's older than three days I would bump it.  That will probably make evil hate me, *censored*.
      Evil is an exact science.