Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: packard bell imedia 1508/2  (Read 2717 times)

nate_guitar

Topic Starter

packard bell imedia 1508/2
    « on: July 17, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »
    im having a problem with my Imedia 1508/2. when moving my pc and taking out the cables etc, i accidentaly left a monitor pin in and when i yanked the cable it pulled the video card out of its slot on the motherboard. i opened it up, put it back it and booted it up. it does the same thing that manadude2 dsecribes in another forum, clicking from what seems like somewhere near the power input on the motherboard and the hardrive starts to spin stops then starts again. i cannot see anything on the screen also. it sounds like it is constantly restarting?

i have tried replacing the video card to see if this was defective but this has failed to rectify it. i read a post from this site yesterday and it suggested taking out the power cable from the psu to motherboard. i did this, turned it on and the clicking stopped, however i still cannot see my screen.

the psu fan spins and seems to run fine so do you think this is something to do with the motherboard or the psu?

any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:24:31 AM by nate_guitar »

nate_guitar

Topic Starter

Re: packard bell imedia 1508/2
      « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:25:17 AM »
      hi all,
      any comments on the below please?