Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Overide user password  (Read 17698 times)

Chrisxs5

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Overide user password
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 02:15:18 PM »
In between programmers on the software right now and the updates are information based. I dont know wht the original programmer never just created a SQL table for it. The rest of the program is. Ok, well I appreciate you taking some time out to reply. Thanks!
Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
just looked over this again, can't say I know of a solution, especially if you need access to their profiles to make the changes... you could, theoretically maybe make two users and then edit one of the profiles settings so that it points to the same folders, registry, etc by creating hard-links to the other users folders/registry hive files... but it seems a bit dangerous (deleting the one account deletes the files from the other, too) and might cause other issues as well.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 03:13:58 PM »
Chris, do you know where the updates apply?  Is it in the registry?

Why not use the netlogon scripts to run the updates as the users log on, and flash up a message to let them know what's going on?
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Chrisxs5

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 07:27:52 AM »
I have tried that, but sometimes the updates just need to be watched over in case of failure. I do this for other upgrades. I am just gonna keep up with I have been doing until I get new programmer here to fix where the item is upgraded. THe items needing upgraded is data information that has been hard coded into the software, it really just needs pointed to a SQL database. I created me a new test enviroment yesterday and am going to attempt the programming myself, I hate programming things, but I believe this is the best solutions now.
Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 06:00:11 AM »
If you need to "watch" installs in an automated fashion, you could do worse than learn AutoIt, which is a small step removed from full-blown programming: http://www.autoitscript.com/
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos