Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NEWBIE HELP!! Forms.  (Read 2789 times)

ellie2

NEWBIE HELP!! Forms.
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »
I am trying to create a staff control panel for my website so that certain staff can log in and modify areas of the website.

If i create a text box how do i make the results change the html of the page or at least be displayed on the webpage publically?

Thanks in advance

rockerest

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: NEWBIE HELP!! Forms.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:44:07 PM »
Short Answer: PHP.

Longer Answer: Use a PHP page (which means you have to be running PHP on your webserver) to take the content of the page and add it to a database.  When you create the HTML file, you collect all the database entries to create the page.

OR

Have each entry into the text box be saved as a new HTML file and when you build the page, just recursively include them all and you've got it all.

Longest answer: I'm not going to take that much time yet.

The problem I have with this is that you want to do something that could open you up to a LOT of security issues.  If you don't even know where to start to DO this, I don't think it's a smart idea to plunge ahead, unless it's a private website that can't be accessed from the internet.

To answer you, finally: Form + PHP + MySQL = "Blog" - type page

-rock
In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.