Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Linking External Stylesheet in table cell  (Read 2852 times)

rseni

Topic Starter

Rookie

Linking External Stylesheet in table cell
    « on: August 22, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »
    Hi,

I have two web pages each with their external stylesheet. I want one to be shown up inside other. I have used tables for the layout. In the lower half of the page I want the second page to appear. Now since I want the other page to appear in the page. I have placed all its contents in the a table cell on the first page. However I want that table cell to inherit the styles defined in the stylesheet for the second page.

Is it possible to get your second external stylesheet to link to a particular cell and not the entire page which would be using its own stylesheet.

I have attached a JPEG IMAGE for your reference.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Linking External Stylesheet in table cell
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:43:30 AM »
    I want one to be shown up inside other. I have used tables for the layout. In the lower half of the page I want the second page to appear.
    What do you mean? Like a frame?

Is it possible to get your second external stylesheet to link to a particular cell and not the entire page which would be using its own stylesheet.
    No, it's not. Why not just added classes or IDs to the table elements?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
    I have two web pages each with their external stylesheet. I want one to be shown up inside other.
    Yep, frames would be the way to do that.

However I want that table cell to inherit the styles defined in the stylesheet for the second page.

Here's a reference which explains the three ways to insert CSS: http://www.w3schools.com/CSS/css_howto.asp.  You need to use inline styles elements for the table cell, which is basically what kpac is also saying. 

rockerest

Hopeful
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
    I have used tables for the layout

:-\ :'( |V|

Is it 1999 again?

-rock
    In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
    Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
    Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.