Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer Scanner 320P on Windows XP  (Read 3899 times)

Somewhere

Acer Scanner 320P on Windows XP
« on: June 05, 2005, 03:25:06 AM »
I have an Acer 320P scanner - that worked fine until we changed our operating system to Windows XP.  I have been to the BENQ site, downloaded the new driver and followed the instructions step by step, but I get the same error message ' TWAIN error.  T0009 Error in getting the first TWAIN data source.[T021] unable to find the TWAIN source manager (TWAIN_32.DLL).  Please copy the TWAIN_32.DLL file from your souce disk to your Windows folder.[T039].'  The file was already in the windows folder - but I deleted it and re-copied it there just in case.  Still same error.   Any site where I can find comments about this scanner and XP - all say the same thing, cannot find a driver that works.   Any suggetions, apart from buying a new scanner.  :)

Raptor

Re: Acer Scanner 320P on Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 06:23:40 AM »
Clean your registry with a registry scanner.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:03:31 AM »
That's a Parallel Port scanner.  You may have to change your Parallel Port settings in the BIOS.  Settings are:  Bi-directional, EPP, ECP.  Try bi-directional.

Somewhere

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 05:38:24 AM »
The plot thickens.  I found a post about renaming the file that XP adds to the mirascan folder - have done that and now I am getting a message that a 'Scanctrl - scanner is not found check the power is on and the cable is firmly connected.'  Strange thing is, is that the scanner makes a noise but the computer doesn't seem to get the message.  If I plug in my other scanner (can't use this as it has yellow streaks) - also a parellel model - Windows XP detects it straight away and wants to load the software.  XP won't detect the ACER scanner ???  Normally I would assume that there is a hardware problem - but the scanner was working fine until we loaded XP.  Will try the suggestions noted and will keep you advised.  Thank you.   All other suggestions welcome.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:06:34 AM »
...If I plug in my other scanner (can't use this as it has yellow streaks) - also a parellel model - Windows XP detects it straight away and wants to load the software.  XP won't detect the ACER scanner ???  ...

Not that surprising.  Many manufacturers did not adhere rigidly to the parallel port standards, especially when it changed to EPP and ECP.
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/e/epp.htm

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/e/ecp.htm

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 04:02:38 PM »
do you have your old o/s.......check out the hardware list <msoft>>or go to the scanner website for a winxp patch  if this applies to you...