Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fax Service  (Read 2636 times)

673Bob

Topic Starter

Fax Service
    « on: August 14, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
    I am trying to get the Windows XP Pro Fax service working, but I keep getting the same error message, i.e., "No dial tone. Line is either in use or not connected". I get fax tones when I dial from my land phone. Can anyone help, please, before I go mad. I have a shop-built computer with 56k Fax Modem, used on the Sky broadband system with a filter on the phone line socket.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Fax Service
      « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »
      673Bob, Welcome to the CH forums. try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306550 goodluck,truenorth

673Bob

Topic Starter

Re: Fax Service
        « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 04:40:49 AM »
         :( Yes, truenorth, I have done all that without any trouble, but when I click send, I get the error message that I quoted. I am beginning to think that I must have a fault somewhere with the equipment, but I cannot find anything anywhere which gives the ACTUAL hardware and/or cables required. I have even tried disconnecting the Sky wireless fax modem and running a cable directly between the BT telephone socket and the "Line" socket on the internal fax modem, but still no joy and I still get the same error message.