Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange question.  (Read 11725 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Strange question.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:03:43 PM »
Well i fell asleep in a trailer one night after consuming more than my share of Adult beverages and other substances...a few of which were legal at the time and when i woke up the next day because of the searing heat i was in the parking lot of a 7-11 in Scottsdale Arizona...

Which begs the question:  Was i an illegal passenger ? ?

If so i have to go make amends and completely start my life over because the domino effect of that side trip has cascaded into who i am now...not only as a person but as a fisherman as well...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »
Then why do I see so many trucks pulling three trailers?
Whoa, where have seen that?  I've never seen it in Ohio.  Even two trailers is controversial; they are believed to be higher risk than single trailers.  We often see Fed-Ex and UPS semi-tractors pulling two trailers.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 02:42:29 PM »
Ive never seen 3 either
And actually, rvs can tow trucks and they must break somehow.  So I guess that isnt a problem.  And the  camper in the back of the truck doesnt sound like it would be a problem.  The only problem would be the truck pulling a trailer

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 08:58:20 AM »
I saw a car speeding down the road. I guess it must be legal.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:26 AM »
The triples I usually see, in Oregon, are UPS trucks and Franz Trucks. I live pretty close to a UPS depot, so there are frequently triples going by.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/us_army_rolling_along/3657669664/

smeezekitty

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
Not trying to bust your chops. 

I do know you're not supposed to be a passenger in a towed vehicle.  Even in a motor home -- I believe -- the only kind of motor home which can be occupied while moving is the type where the motor is built in and the driver sits up front.  If it is the kind of "motor home" which needs to be towed by another vehicle, no occupants are allowed.
thats a stupid law
its perfectly safe to do that
and btw not quite the right forum for this question

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
thats a stupid law
its perfectly safe to do that

Law of averages, I suppose.  I'd say the thought is that if that vehicle ever goes out of control, with no driver, no steering, no engine, no operable brakes, then the passengers have little good chance of coming out unharmed.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

smeezekitty

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 04:45:11 PM »
still unlikly of happening

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
Agreed.  One example is seat belts.  Some will cite accidents when, for whatever reasons, the seat belts did more harm than good.  It happens, sometimes.  The odds are, though, that the seat belt will save your life.

The motor homes are much the same.  Nothing bad will probably happen.  I suspect, in the past, there were enough incidents, though, that the law was passed to try to keep things from happening.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

smeezekitty

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »
but seatbelts are more usefull for example
is you have to stop really fast
you will get your face in the windsheld

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
Working at Syncrude, I've seen some strange things.

I've seen cokers and 797's on flatbeds.

The biggest that I've seen is 5 pull tractors and 3 push tractors on the same load.  There are all kinds of applications that are very strange, but aren't illegal.
Evil is an exact science.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
I once saw three trailers full of CGA monitors fall into a pool of dielectric fluid. Never before had four colors been used to express such sadness. the truck itself, now free of load went flying of a conveniently located ramp and flew into a adjoining abandoned 8514/A factory, Never before had I seen a high-resolution, interlaced explosion of such magnitude. The driver, now flung through the window, and landed on a pile of discarded "Creative Sound System" cards. He was unhurt, until a passing bear mauled him.

He was taken to a low-budget hospital, which used CGA graphics for their monitors. Unfortunately, Some yahoo switched the palette around so the Nurse, confused at the lack of the Cyan and Magenta lines she was used to, decided to try to reboot the machine. Unfortunately this meant that the poor man was cut off life support, which actually wasn't so bad since it wasn't needed anyway, since he only suffered minor scratches. (the bear was a circus bear and thus had more of a punch then a claw)

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »
As luck would have it, I just saw a triple yesterday on my way home from work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

smeezekitty

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
I once saw three trailers full of CGA monitors fall into a pool of dielectric fluid. Never before had four colors been used to express such sadness. the truck itself, now free of load went flying of a conveniently located ramp and flew into a adjoining abandoned 8514/A factory, Never before had I seen a high-resolution, interlaced explosion of such magnitude. The driver, now flung through the window, and landed on a pile of discarded "Creative Sound System" cards. He was unhurt, until a passing bear mauled him.

He was taken to a low-budget hospital, which used CGA graphics for their monitors. Unfortunately, Some yahoo switched the palette around so the Nurse, confused at the lack of the Cyan and Magenta lines she was used to, decided to try to reboot the machine. Unfortunately this meant that the poor man was cut off life support, which actually wasn't so bad since it wasn't needed anyway, since he only suffered minor scratches. (the bear was a circus bear and thus had more of a punch then a claw)
yeah thats right :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 11:46:59 AM »
heh... circus bear...  ;D