Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video problem  (Read 2179 times)

hot dog

video problem
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »
On a computer I have Vista Business installed.....1.5 Gb ram, 256 Mb video memory (onboard)...........when I watch HULU movies on it, while in full screen, the video freezes every 5 minutes or so....The sound continues, but the video freezes...I have to press teh ESC key to get back to default screen, then the video works fine, then I switch back to full screen then and it works for only another few minutes.....I've got DVMT mode enabled in the bios but that doesn't seem to help....I've also tried disabling AERO and using Classic View instead...no go there....Tried a different browser...no go there.   There no viruses or spyware (I keep a pretty close check on the system).....No excess programs running in "start up"......   

On another computer I have, with Windows XP, 512 MB ram, 64 MB video memory... I can watch HULU video just fine on that computer, in full screen...
 ???   ................Is Vista just a hog or is there something else I can try on the Vista machine, before buying a video card?

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: video problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »
Have you tried reinstalling your drivers for the video card?
Evil is an exact science.

hot dog

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure I tried that a while back....but just to be sure I'll try it again and see if it makes a difference..

hot dog

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »
I went into Dev. Manager and before uninstalling (to reinstall), I thought I'd click on "update" really quick just to make sure I was using the latest driver......and what do you know..I found a driver update!  :P

I tested HULU after the update and it ran with out any interruptions..

I have a nasty habit of skipping over fundamental troubleshooting steps, believing that a lot of situations are unique..

All I can really say is................DOH !

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 06:49:41 PM »
It happens to all of us sometimes.   ;)
Evil is an exact science.

hot dog