Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Centos 5 install.  (Read 3519 times)

neilymack

Centos 5 install.
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:07:44 AM »
I have had a complete failure of a Raid that was configured with Centos 5 on it. One of the hard drives in a Raid1 configuration has failed along with two from a second array that had 4 drives with a Raid5 configuration!
I am attempting to rebuild this and at the moment I have installed the new hard drives I needed to and configured the Raid arrays. I now need to install Centos 5 again.
This is where I am stuck. I have a copy Centos 5 but it isn't on disk or ISO form. What I have is a folder with all the data from the software disks in it. It contains the ISO for the boot disk, which I have made and installed onto the Raid which in turn brings up the start of the install on my Raid. The Raid at the moment is stand alone and all the files are on my windows PC. Within the centos 5 folder I have another folder that is full of rpm files. I take it that this the install software as it is around 3.6GB in size. My problem is I don't know how to get this install to run from the the format I have it in.
I can start the install from the info on the boot disk up to the point where it is asking what type of media contains the packages to be installed. I have tried burning the packages onto a DVD but when I install the DVD, the media cant be found. I have read the installation guide but cant seem to get any further.
The system is on an Intel platform in case this is relevant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.