Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why does my computer have trouble waking up from its sleep?  (Read 2162 times)

guitarboy10

Topic Starter

Why does my computer have trouble waking up from its sleep?
    « on: August 24, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »
    Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion TX2520EA, it is a very reliable computer and this situation has only been happening recently. Now when I put my computer to sleep, it sleeps fine. But when i turn it back on again, it either turns on but with a black screen, OR the most common symptom is to make it to the log on screen and I can log on, only it takes more time than usual to log on, then errors of applications that i was using prior to the computer sleeping. One common error is this:

dwm.exe Apllication Error

The instruction at 0x6dcd5adc referenced memory at 0x6dcd5adc.  The required data was not replaced into memory because of an I/O error. status 0x000000e.

Could somebody please help me resolve this problem?

Regards,

Bener

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Why does my computer have trouble waking up from its sleep?
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »
    I'm not a big fan of Sleep or Hibernate. Microsoft never really perfected either and while they work fine for some folks, others have nothing but trouble with them. I prefer to set the display and HD to power down after a defined period of time. Always works like a charm.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »
    I'm not a big fan of Sleep or Hibernate. Microsoft never really perfected either and while they work fine for some folks, others have nothing but trouble with them. I prefer to set the display and HD to power down after a defined period of time. Always works like a charm.

Agreed. 

The power saving features work fine on laptops, but they are made for it.

Desktops, however, rarely ever like the powersaving features.  You can turn off the display, but I wouldn't use any others on a desktop if my life depended on it.
    Evil is an exact science.

guitarboy10

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 02:36:44 PM »
      I'm sure that can't be the problem, I mean, my laptop is on a balanced power setting (recommended) :s