Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: data usage tracker  (Read 2580 times)

bring

data usage tracker
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »
i use hughes net satellite service which offers less download  capacity than cable per dollar spent.live in a rural area,huges or verizion wireless is only known options.i have a limit of 375 mb. in a a24 hour period before the fair access policy shuts me down.i live next door to my folks and use a router hardwired to their house to let them have hi-speed also.i play online games a lot but never come close to the cap but when my folks watch videos online ,huges counts that as a d/l and they cap the service quickly,now i can't play my game for 24 hours!hughes has a data usage tracker that is hard to get into and notorious for not updating in a timely manner.my last outage was 7 hours behind the current time!,when i called hughes they had the same problem and were of no help!parents are not so good with computers and i am desperately looking for a data usage tracker that my mom and dad can look at and easily tell when they are close to the cap and stop downloading!please help,sorry this post is so long.

smeezekitty

Re: data usage tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:00:24 PM »
sattelite internet is bad in general (i have sources if anyone needs them)
why not just tell them not to watch videos online
or get better service