Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zeus: Master of Olympus  (Read 10213 times)

declan_davis

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Zeus: Master of Olympus
    « on: August 30, 2009, 05:16:54 AM »
    I've got the city building game "Zeus: Master of Olympus" on Sold Out Software (they re-release very popular old titles).

There's an expansion back "Poseidon: Master of Atlantis" which I'd really love to get (it has new buildings, new missions and, best of all: a mission editor). This expansion back hasn't been released by Sold Out Software, so only the original Sierra versions from years ago are on sale. I've bought a new laptop with Windows Vista, and of course this wasn't invented back then.

My copy of Zeus says that it works on Windows 95/98/Me/XP, but I've just installed it and played it on my new Vista laptop; no problem! I've managed to find a bundled copy of Zeus and Poseidon on Ebay, and it says that it runs on Windows 95/98/Me/XP too. (It won't mention Vista because Vista didn't exist when the product was made).

* If Zeus ran on Vista, then would the expansion pack Poseidon run on Vista?

* If Poseidon didn't run, then would there be a Vista compatability patch that I could download?

* If all else fails, then does anyone know where I could get a mission editor for Zeus?

itburnswhenipee

Beginner

Re: Zeus: Master of Olympus
      « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:18:43 AM »
      it should probably work If the original did i dont know why the expansion wouldnt, unless of course they did something with the soldout software version that allowed it to work for vista, so yeah... and it was realeased for windows, so unless it was a dosgame it should work... if it is then i am sure you can use dosbox to emulate it...

declan_davis

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
        They couldn't have "done something" with the Sold Out Software version: Vista wasn't invented when the Sold Out game was map; like I said: it Windows 95/98/Me/XP compatable, i.e. every operating system in use up to and including its date of sale. I guess the question is more about Windows compatability. If the CD works on XP, then will it always work on Vista? What are the known computer game compatability issues between XP and Vista?

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:55:57 PM »
        What are the known computer game compatability issues between XP and Vista?

There actually very good. Most XP games will run quite fine on Vista. I have Vista and have about 8 games that were pre-vista all work on my laptop.

Ironman

Hopeful
        • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
          • Yes
          • My Personal Site
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:23:38 PM »
        I've got the city building game "Zeus: Master of Olympus" on Sold Out Software (they re-release very popular old titles).

I love that game! Used to play it all the time. I also liked the Pharaoh spin-off series. But to answer your original question yeah it should work.