Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Card Drivers  (Read 2119 times)

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Sound Card Drivers
    « on: September 05, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »
    The trouble l've just had is totally unbelievable. My dvd writer had been been playing up and the new one arrived today. Now l'm no engineer, but it's not rocket science. Took the old drive out, and put the new drive in, making sure the jumper was in the same position as the old one.
    It then showed videos, but no sound (same for cd's). The sound card is a million miles away so l know l didn't jolt that. It's taken me over two hours to get the sound back (reseating card, reinstalling sound card application, reinstalling drivers etc) and l STILL don't know what l did, if anything, to get it back, it just came back. Weird!
    Anyway, in device manager under sound, video and game controllers, it now shows my audio card device, so that's a good start!
    It also shows entries for Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Drivers, Media Control Devices, and Realtek AC'97 Audio for Via (R) Audio Controller. Are all/any of these actually needed?
    I seem to have drivers (divx, k-lite full pack, the ones shown above etc.) pouring out from all over the place so l'm just trying to tidy things up a little. Or should l just leave things as is?
    Thanks

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Sound Card Drivers
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »
    It also shows entries for Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Drivers, Media Control Devices, and Realtek AC'97 Audio for Via (R) Audio Controller. Are all/any of these actually needed?
    If no errors are listed, I'd leave them alone.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:45 PM »
    If you can do everything on your computer that you want to do without problems, then I would not worry about the other things.

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
      Thank you both.
      Yep, everything's fine so l'll take your advice and leave well alone.
      Regards