Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: you have an older version of flashflayer or your Java is turned off?  (Read 9690 times)

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: you have an older version of flashflayer or your Java is turned off?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
Previous information about whether "jusched.exe" is running I got from him and may not have been correct. I am on the problem PC now and do not see jusched.exe running in task manager with either IE or FF.

I got videos to play in IE. The problem was the add-on "Shockwave Flash Object" was dissabled.
But I still get the same error in FF.

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 12:12:01 PM »
Ok I got videos playing in FF. I'm not sure but I believe the culprit was that he had 'Accept Cookies from sites' turned off in 'Tools > Privacy.

StarBaseONE2

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 04:15:10 PM »
Is NoScript installed?

I'm not clear here on what is and isn't running.

I know those scripts can be enabled and still by default be turned off with NoScript running.
Progress has brought forth a new Information Age! With milestones come drastic changes! First, was to martyr Privacy! Security escaped, but is healing from emergency surgery! We watch his rehabilitation, knowing his complete recovery isn't likely. He's too thin! No wonder he refuses to look you in the eye, when giving customary assurances! He seems to miss the "Good Times" from back in the '70's...

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 07:17:20 PM »
NoScript is not installed.
Jusched.exe is not running.

I was able to view You Tube videos with IE after enabling the add-on in 'Toolbars and Extensions' named "Shockwave Flash Object".

I was able to view You Tube Videos with FF after enabling 'Accept Cookies from sites' in the 'Options' settings under the 'Privacy' tab.

As far as I know these are the only changes I made to get the videos to show. They are playing fine now with both browsers.

Sorry for the confusion in this thread. I posted information that he gave me that I now believe was inaccurate. I know not to depend on him for facts again!  >:(

Thanks to everyone who helped.  :)