Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Possible Virus?  (Read 4059 times)

TylerMayotte

Possible Virus?
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
I've been driving myself insane over this subject for the past month, trying to figure out what's going on and I know it's right in-front of me.

Here's what I've got going on.

Recently after getting internet and my new place, my girlfriend downloaded something and she can't remember what it was. Well, what happened was when she downloaded it, it just disappeared before she could even click on it.

Now whenever I try to download something, I have to be faster than the computer, basically clicking on the .exe file before it's finished downloading.

The computer never used to do this before and I can't figure out what the problem is. Apart from Factory Restoring it, I don't know what to do. I've got the newest free version of AVG. I've used Windows Defender, I've removed my firewalls thinking it was because of them, I've checked my registry for errors; the whole 9-yards. But I just can't seem to figure it out.

If anyone could help me please. I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are my system specifications:

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Modbile Technology TL-58 1.90GHz
Memory (RAM): 959 MB or 1GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

My computer is a Home-User computer.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:05:49 PM by TylerMayotte »

majakldragon

Rookie

Re: Possible Virus?
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
    Hello TylerMayotte,
    Please follow this  link http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html and someone will be along to help you.