Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cookies Question  (Read 2917 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Cookies Question
« on: September 10, 2009, 03:55:28 PM »
I hope this is the correct place to ask more about cookies.
I'm trying to understand them better. Some things I do understand but some I don't.
Here is what I do understand is I thought they store information about us when we go to sites?
I also hear people say if we delete it, we still should be able to get back into the sites? Is that correct?
The reason I'm trying to understand this, is that the repairmen who work on my computer delete the cookies. Then I keep running into the problems of getting back into the sites. What do I do about this problem?
Thanks,
Amy

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Cookies Question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:15:40 PM »
You do not need to keep the cookies to return to the site(s). I keep cookies of sites I visit frequently. A safe setting is to accept first party cookies, block third party cookies, and always accept session cookies.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:45:41 PM »
Ok, I don't even have the same type of settings that you are saying. About blocking 3rd party cookies. I don't have anything that gives an option to block them. The only things I have is, when I click on Tools, and then go to Options, and then to Security, For cookies this is all we have:
Accept Cookies From Sites
Accept Third-Party Cookies
Both have checks by them. Nothing that gives you the option to block anything.

Another problem I keep having is that whenever cookies get removed, yes I do have to log back in, but that also keeps causing my password and all to get changed too. Any ideas on what would cause that to happen?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:01:11 AM »
Sorry. Those settings are for IE (Internet Options - Privacy - Advanced)