Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird problem with Gigabyte Mobo, need some help!!  (Read 4570 times)

shalldoom

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Weird problem with Gigabyte Mobo, need some help!!
    « Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:08:37 PM »
    Your problem is certainly unique.  I have never, ever run across anything like it!

However, I have seen other power problems that cause very strange things to happen with computers, even blowing out ethernet ports.

What else can it be but the power in your home?  It works in the shop but not in your house.  Take it to your neighbor's house and see if the problem persists.  This won't rule it out, a bad pole transformer can mess things up, too.

If you get a tester with the push button on top, it will also test all the GFCI protected outlets.  You will eventually test every receptacle in the house.  I'm betting, at least one is bad, even if not the one you are using is okay.

If all okay, then we move to Grouinding.  Are you on broadband cable or DSL?

I got the tester and the outlets are all fine....im using  DSL.

-Gona try tomorrow to swap the new PSU's with my GF's case and see what happens , thanks alot guys for your help ;D