Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Login Hangs  (Read 3664 times)

zychmyback

Windows Login Hangs
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
Computer Spec:

Motherboard: MSI K9N6GM Series
CPU: Unknown - Unknown Speed
Video Card: EVGA 9600 GSO
Memory: 3Gb (Unknown Brands, but 1GB is one brand, 2GB is another)

Ok.. Here's the issue. A couples of days ago, I was able to use the computer without any issues logging in. But later that afternoon, Someone else logged into a different account without issues. He shutdown, booted back up and was not able to log back in, in a timely manner. Since then I've tried logging into 3 different accounts over the domain it's in, and the same issue arises. This issue also arises when I try to log into the machine locally.

Boot up is clean, nothing goes wrong during the boot up. When windows enter the GUI, the 'preparing network connections' window appears, which is normal. Now, since the issue has arose, I've been receiving a Task scheduler service window that states, "Some tasks did not execute at their scheduled times because the task scheduler service was not running. You can view the list of missed tasks, and attempt to run them again, from with the scheduled tasks folder." which opens while the 'preparing network connections' window is up. I click ok, and the 'applying computer settings' window appears. After everything is settled, the login window appears. I press [ctrl+alt+delete] to open the window. Enter the information needed to log on my domain, and when I hit enter, the hang begins. The login window does not disappear, only changes to signify that it's accessing my server to log me in, after about 10 minutes, the window finally disappears and then only shows my background.
I can let this hang go for about 30-45 minutes and I still have nothing but the background showing on the desktop.

Here's a couple things I've tried:

1) Logging into 3 different users, the problem still occurs.
2) Logging into the Local computer's Administrator account still has the issue happen.
3) Booting into safe mode and restoring the computer does not work, and the problem still occurs.

If there is anything I'm missing from the annoying issue, please respond accordingly. Thank you.