Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The ARROW on a Podcast Title does not link me to iTunes Store but to Websites.  (Read 5892 times)

kris_1013

Topic Starter

Rookie

In iTunes, I used to click the arrow on a podcast title and it would take me to the podcast in the iTunes store. It would link to the podcast in iTunes and I could see other titles and info.

I just installed a new Hard drive and re-installed iTunes and when I click the arrow, it takes me to the podcast's website. I don't want it to open a separate website that has the podcast on it, I want it to open in the iTunes store like it used to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Kris,

Does it do this on all podcasts, or just one?

Also, what operating system are you on?  Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6?

kris_1013

Topic Starter

Rookie

Yes, this happens on all of them.

I am running Windows XP and iTunes 9.0.0.70.

It installed the new version when I downloaded it from Apple.

socrates

Apprentice

• Yes
      Kris,

I'm curious.  If you go to a song (not a podcast) and click the same arrow next to the album or artist name, does it take you to a website or to their page in the iTunes store?

Also, iTunes 9.1 is out- you may want to update to that.

kris_1013

Topic Starter

Rookie

Ok, I just update iTunes and it still does it!   >:(

Yes, when I click the song, it does come up to the iTunes page in the store.

socrates

Apprentice

• Yes
        Kris,

I believe that link is set by whomever creates the podcast.  It's very likely that there is no issue at all- the podcast creators just wanted the link to go to their site and not to the iTunes store.

kris_1013

Topic Starter

Rookie

I checked the URLs and they all go to their websites. I tried to copy the URLs from iTunes, but I don't see a way to edit the podcast URLs. I tried to go to Advanced and Subscribe to Audiostream, then paste the URLs, but it still didn't work.

*sigh*

socrates

Apprentice

• Yes
          I checked the URLs and they all go to their websites. I tried to copy the URLs from iTunes, but I don't see a way to edit the podcast URLs. I tried to go to Advanced and Subscribe to Audiostream, then paste the URLs, but it still didn't work.

*sigh*

Yeah, I'm 99% sure that the web addresses are set by the people who submit the podcasts.  Sorry.

kris_1013

Topic Starter

Rookie

Ok!! It's fixed! I had to track down an Apple guy at Best Buy.

You can delete the podcast and go to the iTunes store and subscribe to it again. Now, the arrow besides the podcast goes directly to the page in the iTunes store!

socrates

Apprentice

• Yes
            Ok!! It's fixed! I had to track down an Apple guy at Best Buy.

You can delete the podcast and go to the iTunes store and subscribe to it again. Now, the arrow besides the podcast goes directly to the page in the iTunes store!

Awesome.  Thanks for updating us on the fix!